Subject: Re: Lightsmith
From: [email-masked] (Mike Crumpler)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:59:34 -0800

> 
>Everytime i see lightsmith mentioned on this list i feel like a idiot for 
>pre ordering it.    I'm wondering if, since i charged it, would the credit 
>card company do anything for me? oh well at least i'm getting lightwave pro 
>every month. Nathan
>

Yes they will. I was one of the people that preordered the "Newton's Law" 
physics module that never shipped. After a few months of not receiving any 
software and phonecalls that never made it through (you only got an 
answering machine), I came to the conclusion that I was screwed. But I was 
billed on my VISA account for the software. I called the VISA company and 
told them (in detail) what had happened. After about 30 days I received a 
letter from VISA stating that my account had been credited for the amount of 
the software. My next VISA statement did in fact have a credit for that 
amount. You have paid for a product that you have not received. The credit 
card company will give you your money back. They will, in effect, take the 
money from the account of the company that charged you and pay you back. In 
an interesting twist, the president of PowerStor (the company that was 
selling Newton's Law) called me about 6 months later and appologized for 
what had happened. He said they were still going to release the software in 
the future.

                                        Mike
Mike Crumpler
Space Power Institute
Auburn University, Al.          
[email-masked]
http://hyperoptic.spi.auburn.edu